Game Of Thrones ~ Reborn Era

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This is Before Robert Baratheon's Rebellion, where we recreating the story and journey itself where Robert Baratheon never becomes king.

I forgot my password

Affiliates

visit Forumotion

Forumotion on Facebook Forumotion on Twitter Forumotion on YouTubeForumotion on Google+

RPG-D Swords of Speirling

Latest topics

» The Aldune Household
To Beg a King I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 08, 2017 2:44 pm by Bri

» The Dragon's Secrets
To Beg a King I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 03, 2017 11:35 pm by Darla Windborn

» Hidden Secret White Dragon
To Beg a King I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 03, 2017 10:48 pm by Bri

» Rome Aldune(WIP)
To Beg a King I_icon_minitimeTue May 16, 2017 9:29 am by Rome

» Breaking the Silence
To Beg a King I_icon_minitimeSun Apr 30, 2017 7:48 pm by Elira

» Introduce yourself
To Beg a King I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 18, 2017 3:09 pm by ZeroOrgan

» Cassie's Plots
To Beg a King I_icon_minitimeSun Apr 09, 2017 9:32 pm by Cassie

» Ashara D'Han
To Beg a King I_icon_minitimeSun Apr 09, 2017 8:16 pm by sub_rosa

» Sub's Plots
To Beg a King I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 05, 2017 6:12 pm by sub_rosa

Who is online?

In total there is 1 user online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 1 Guest

None

[ View the whole list ]

Most users ever online was 54 on Wed Jul 03, 2019 1:15 pm

4 posters

To Beg a King

Shadow

To Beg a King Empty To Beg a King

Post by Shadow Tue Feb 07, 2017 10:23 pm

(Did not realize I was not logged into Darien! Sorry)

It was a gamble, that was for sure, appearing in front of court could have any untold consequences. His house sigil was a forgotten icon to most, but to the dragons? Aegon had seen them as the only true threat to the Dragons, would Aerys II think the same? Perhaps he would simply decide it was time to destroy what Aegon II had impoverished. Darien gritted his teeth as he shook his head. It was to late for these worries, he had been in King's Landing for over a fortnight already and had nothing to show for it except a bar fight, two attempted muggings, and tavern bills which he knew where inflated and false.  At this rate he would be completely broke before he ever found work, real work for a swordsman. And he would rather die then join the Gold Cloaks, petty, corrupt, pointless, and self obsessed rabble that they where.

It had been four years since he had left his homeland, hell bent on restoring his house to greatness and what did he have to show for it? Yes, his own reputation as a skilled swordsman had been growing, even a few minor nobles had employed him for the odd job, or to help with some brigands or pirates. He had netted gold, a little fame, and nothing for his house. It was time to play a card he wasn't entirely sure he had.

He closed his eyes, as he took a long, deliberate breath. His heart was pounding with nerves. He felt as he did on the eve of battle, or the moment right before the two lines slammed into one another, and just like in those times, he quieted nerves. He opened his eyes, revealing the deep red iris's that burned against his sand like complexion, a testament to his Asshaian heritage whose genes still where the most dominate in his blood line despite years of inner marriage. Today he wore his finest leathers, well worked and boiled black, it hugged his well built frame nicely, and the red wyvern embroidered on the from was the only piece of finery one what was otherwise a suit of armor save for the long red cloak he wore over his shoulders to give him a more courtly appearance.

The bell rang in the courtyard, as the sounds of hundred of people clamoring filled the air. Darien's face hardened as he ascended the steps to the Red Keep, where he would hope to make his case. It was said that more and more King Aegon was not attending the court meetings, and dispensing the king's justice, and that in his stead Tywin Lanester, and his son, Rhaegar where holding court. Darien had heard enough tales about Aerys and Tywin to know that he would find no luck with them. Aerys may perhaps hear him, and then kill him, and Tywin would probably laugh him out of the room as a nobody. But Rhaegar... Rhaegar they said was as true a knight as any who had ever lived, a fine, brave, and honest man who respected talent and his fellow man. If it was Rhaegar, he may have a shot.

He pushed himself into the crowd of people making their way into the grand hall, he would find out soon if he had a shot at all...
    Rhaegar Targaryen
    Rhaegar Targaryen

To Beg a King Empty Re: To Beg a King

Post by Rhaegar Targaryen Sun Feb 12, 2017 1:21 am

Prince Rhaegar stood beside the Iron Throne looking out at the court as the Lords and Ladies piled into the room. He looked at the throne for a moment but stood away from it, the only people who could publicly sit on the throne were his father, Lord Tywin and on rare instances his mother Queen Rhaeglla. The Iron Throne was not his seat, not yet. He didn't know when or if his father would be joining him in the Hall to assume court. There would be no Lord Tywin today as he was away at Casterly Rock taking care of other matters.

So The Prince stood forward calmly as ever before beside the Iron Throne, the throne room was now full the dragon skulls were abite taking up much of the room if is father was not here by now then it was well with in his power to start the court without him. And not that he would say it to anyone but perhaps it was for the best. He gave a slight nod to the guards and motioned for the murmuring voices to settle down.

He wondered what sort of business would need to be dealt with today, found it interesting mostly what topic were often brought to the crown. Mostly matters of High Septons asking for support for the crown to build another Spet.

"Very well High Septon, the crown will give all the support it can" he said as he signed a paper that they would with the labour cost. Helping the church was something that was expected of the Crown, he had hardly needed to think about it.

He stood patient as the next soul came forward with their case which it happened to be that the Iron Born were wreaking havoc along their coast again reaving and pillaging as they went. "I will see to the Iron Born soon Lord Byran I promise you. In the mean time if your people are in need of shelter and food a new Sept is being built, if your people help build it your food and shelter will be taken care of" he said in a calm voice. He felt his tactic had been very see through on that account but it was a solution for now. The Iron born trouble would be dealt with and the sept would get their affordable builders. So far so good..

He waved the next soul forward...
    Aerys II Targaryen
    Aerys II Targaryen

Post by Aerys II Targaryen Thu Feb 16, 2017 11:36 pm

Aerys entered the Hall, and surveyed just how busy it was. Some had suggested to him that it would perhaps be best to not attend court today – to let his son, Rhaegar, learn to handle the matters of state on his own. The King refused to hear any of it. Tywin was away at Casterly Rock tending to House Lannister matters... all the better, insofar as Aerys was concerned. The only way he would attend court with Tywin Lannister present would be if all of his Kingsguard stood watch at the proceedings. Now was the best time to attend court... if Tywin was indeed using Rhaegar for his own agendas, Aerys needed to stop whatever plots were going on before things got too far out of hand.

Violet eyes had all they could do from rolling at overhearing the news of a new Sept being built. Although the king was well aware that it was expected of the crown to support the church, and that support of the church meant only good things for the crown in return, it seemed to be an unending request. At least in this case Lord Byran’s people could help offset the cost of such a venture. “The Ironborn raiders are a menace...” Aerys muttered and settled himself upon the Iron Throne. He had an idea for how to deal with the Ironborn, but since the matter was closed the king said nothing more of it now.

Aerys glanced over at Rhaegar as he gestured for another to come forward, and watched to see who among those assembled stepped forth next.
    Darien Draelis

Post by Darien Draelis Wed Feb 22, 2017 11:54 pm

Darien gritted his teeth as he saw King Aerys strode into the room. It was his place by rights but he had prayed and hoped for the softer jusgement of his so. Now, kind words and appeals to honor would not be enough, the merit of the case would have to heard on its own accord. Darien stood forth from the crowd, his deep red sable cloak dragging behind him. The King's guard where quick to take a step forward as they eyed his twin longswords, hanging off either side of his hips.

"Ser!..." the man who announced the people seeking audiance with the king spoke, his voice trailing off as he eyed the stranger with a lack of words. "No Ser," Darien called out as he waved the man off. "I am Darien, heir of house Draelis." He could hear the murmuring of the crowd behind him. His was a house whose name had not been spoken at court for half a generation, and if not for legend would have been long forgotten by most. Luckily, his family did have legends, both old and new, that wad all they had in truth.

"My prince." He said with a nod to Rhaegar before turning his deep red eyes to meet the curious and untrusting eyes of King Aerys. "Your Grace." He spoke, as he fell to one need. "I come before you not as the heir to a proud house, but as a beggar, who seeks to save a dying one." His had reached up to the clasps on his shoulder, undoing the
    thick cloak he wore before laying it out flat in front of the King and Prince. "My house was the house of Wyvern's. We once flew alongside the Dragons of House Targaryan," he paused as he unseathed his swords, careful to keep his hands on the cross guards so it was clear no threat was intended. "These swords," he said as he laid the beautiful twin Valerian Steel blades over his cloak, "guarded your forefathers for five generations as an unbroken line of King's Guardsmen. Even to this day, your own Ser Arthur Dane is a living trstament to the skill of our swordsmanship." He lowered his gaze pausing for a moment.

"But now, now my house is broken. Our towers falling, our lands unharvested, our smiths not burning, and our wyverns all dead."
    To the hands of the last King Aerys. he thought, but dared not to say. "Your Grace, I beg of you. Help me restore my house to a place of honor. Loan me some small coin, and give me some men to help work and fix my house's holdings and I promise you wont regret it." He said as he raise his eyes, praying they would hear him out.
    Rhaegar Targaryen
    Rhaegar Targaryen

Post by Rhaegar Targaryen Thu Mar 02, 2017 7:35 pm

Prince Rhaegar eyed his father as he came in and took the throne, and he got the feeling things were about to take a rather unpredictable turn. He had a small hope his father was in a.. well bearable mood as he turned his attention to the next voice the filled the hall. Whatever was to happen next he hoped didn't end in some sort of tragedy.

Rhaegar quirked an eyebrow at Darian Draelis, he had read about the Draelis family's history before, the Wyverns in particular. It was an impressive history, that the creatures rival the Dragons of old , though it was unfortunate that the house had fallen so far. He wasn't sure his father would entertain the idea of helping the brave man that knelt in front of them.

" I Admire the courage it took for you to appear before the crown and make such a request Darian of House Draelis.. You do the house proud" he began. He truly did admire the man no one had made such a bold request of the crown before. Particularly once from a broken house such as Draelis. However as cold as it was it was his belief that the crown couldn't bring back a house that far gone at least not yet.

The Prince turned towards his father, had his father not have been here it was likely he'd have told the man no for now.. but still give him a chance perhaps give a invitation to the tournament that was taking place. If he did well a title and prize money could be of help for him.. It was even not out of the notion that if he got to know the man a little. If he could call him his friend he could possibly give him a title under the crown again. But in the court it was not the time or place. Regardless to what he thought however the matter was in King Aerys hands. As long as his father sat on the Throne this day he could not pass this judgement himself, it was not his place unless his father allowed it to be in his hands. Considering his fathers current level of trust in him he highly doubted that would happen.
    Aerys II Targaryen
    Aerys II Targaryen

Post by Aerys II Targaryen Thu Mar 02, 2017 11:17 pm

Aerys looked to his announcer expectantly, wondering what vexed the man into such a lapse of competence as to forget a noble’s name. His violet eyes soon settled on the visitor in question as he announced himself to be the heir to House Draelis. The King heard the cascade of murmurs from the crowd and wished he could hear them clearer. Aerys had read about the history of House Draelis during lessons as a boy, and recalled his curiosity for the wyverns that fought and died beside his family’s dragons. The history of the House was impressive and its fall tragic... but Aegon II had had his reasons. The brothers of House Draelis at that time in history split their alliances amongst Aerys’ warring ancestors that had started the Dance of the Dragons... Aegon II the usurper and Rhaenyra, Aegon's half-sister, the rightful heiress to the Iron Throne and Aerys’s fifth-great-grandmother.

He watched as Darien unclasped his cloak and laid it out before them, then shifted his weight and glanced at his guards when the swords the man carried were unsheathed. The guards were watching Darien carefully but saw no reason to take up arms, so Aerys returned his attention to the young man before him and the display of the Valyrian steel blades. Although trust in Rhaegar had lessened in him of late, Aerys nodded his head in agreement with his son’s words, “A bold request, indeed...”

Aerys observed Darien in several moments of pause. He couldn’t tell if Rhaegar did not speak his opinion for or against the appeal as a form of respect, or if he too was considering the options and outcomes of such a request. History could very well repeat itself, with members House Draelis on both sides of conflict should there be a fight for the Iron Throne in the near future... a fight Aerys thought to be brewing beneath a surface of false peace, and would need to be crushed before it even began.

Could he rely on the fresh blood that would be a reinstated House? He had very few regrets in replacing his father’s advisors, after all. Aerys wondered what Tywin would recommend, but the answer came to him shortly thereafter: Tywin would laugh the young man out of court and send him away without a moment’s consideration. Aerys, on the other hand, wanted to hear more of what the young man might have to say. “What you ask is no small thing... By virtue of history I know and acknowledge your House. You say I will not regret it should I provide you with aide, but I know little of you, your word, and your reputation. So what would you, Darien of House Draelis, offer in return should your holdings be restored?” Aerys vaguely wondered if there was an unspoken threat of vengeance should the young swordsman be denied.
    Darien Draelis

Post by Darien Draelis Tue Mar 14, 2017 10:43 pm

Darien closed his eyes, as he took a long deep breath. What would you.. offer in return? The question repeated in his mind as he considered for a long moment. He opened his eyes, as he dug his nails into the palm of his hand to try and steel his resolve. His heart was racing, he knew that his words carried the weight of all his dreams and hopes, and he must not falter as he spoke them. "Your Grace.." He said, considering for a moment longer on how he would approach the matter. "In terms of my House. The mountains of the Storm Lands are known for rich iron deposits. The ancient mines of our family where turned into lairs for the Wyvern's, never mined to any great degree, and after the death of the Wyvern's the biological filth they left behind left them poisonous. But that was long ago, and they are now able to be traveled and worked once more with relative safety. These mines could be reopened, and a fresh new source of iron and perhaps other minerals could be found within, serving as the industry for us to repay our debt to the crown." It was all true, the mines had been abandoned for thousands of years, and new ones where only ever created as the population of the wyverns demanded new homes for them. Part of the reason it was said Storm's Eye had even been built there was because of the deep natural caves and mines which served as the natural home for wyverns, as they where always creatures partial to darkness and cold, unlike the dragons which drank fire from the sun.

But.. He was almost sure that wasn't what Aerys wanted to hear. He didn't care about how they would produce the coin needed to justify the expense to the crown, he wanted to know what Darien Draelis the man would do for him. What loyalty, or treachery this forgotten house could do for Targaryen. Darien could think of only one thing which may prove the loyalty of his cause. "However, you asked what I would do.." He said, his voice trembling as he tried to calm his shaking hand. The same adrenaline which flooded him in the heat of battle bolted through his veins now, and it threatened to break his composure as he spoke. "I would offer myself to your King's guard, but, you already have your seven, Your Grace. So instead." He said as he placed his hand upon his sword. The knights of the Kings Guard stepped forward, and half drew their blades, but Darien paid them no heed as he carefully turned the Valerian Steel in his hands, and pointed the tip of its impossibly sharp blade directly at his heart.

He rose slightly, as he grabbed the grabbed the cross guard and stared into King Aerys's eyes, his deep red filled with resolve, yet also fear. "I offer you my life, if that is your price, to prove the loyalty of my house, of my family, and of my people. Shall you command it I shall fall upon my sword in exchange for the promise of your friendship to my house. With my dying gasp I pledge the loyalty of my family, and gladly accept the fate of being the token of that loyalty. I swear my grandfather, my sister, and all of my line will never do treason to the House Targaryen. We shall be as we have always been, the loyal subjects of the Dragon, and all of my line will be honor bound by the vow I make today. My last request is simply that you send back my blades to my grandfather, that they may continue to be the swords my people wield in defense of the Crown, as they have since the days of Aegon the Conqueror."

There was plainly fear in his voice, but also courage. Not the mock bravado of men boasting of courage, but true courage, the courage which has accepted the fear of death and willingly pushes forward despite that fear. The courage to fall upon his sword at his King's command, despite the fear of death. The courage of loyalty, to both his family, and his kingdom, the courage to die for both.
    Rhaegar Targaryen
    Rhaegar Targaryen

Post by Rhaegar Targaryen Sat Mar 25, 2017 1:00 pm

Rhaegar blinked as Darian Draelis put his own sword to himself and for him to swear fealty for him and his whole line then have his life be the price of it. There was really no other thing to say that this was man was serious and desperate. He was selling his soul to bring prosperity back to his family.

"Whatever happens here Darian of House Draelis, I offer you a spot among my own knights, you need not fall upon your sword" he said deciding the man could at least be given a chance. His bold act had impressed him, but allowing him to fall upon his sword would be waste of a life.

But of course his father still needed to speak and pass his judgement. He hoped his King would show mercy and take the heart felt oath. "What say you my King? He is devoted heart and soul to his cause, one can not doubt his conviction" he spoke in favour of assisting. Perhaps helping this fallen family was the hope the kingdom needed.
    Aerys II Targaryen
    Aerys II Targaryen

Post by Aerys II Targaryen Wed Mar 29, 2017 9:11 pm

Mines, minerals, iron, industry... Aerys listened to that part with half an ear. These were all topics that would surely interest his Master of Coin. All of that would come with time, if or when there was an actual debt to be repaid. The King was more concerned with the present. Pale eyebrows rose when Darien suggested he would vow his life to service in the Kingsguard if there weren’t already seven chosen. A lifetime of service that denied a man to marry, sire children, or even hold lands... to one who wished his old House and holdings restored? Perhaps Darien had siblings to take up the required roles in his stead... or maybe there was some other strategy involved.

Aerys shifted in his seat as Darien took up one of the swords before them. Knights and Kingsguard stepped forward, but halted when the young man pointed the weapon inward towards himself. Violet eyes blinked at this. He stared into Darien’s deep red eyes for some sort of explanation, and listened intently to what the younger man had to say.

It was his son who spoke first and this was no surprise. Rhaegar was a youth who knew much of kindness and admired bold actions. Aerys couldn’t deny that the display of courage and resolve from Darien was impressive. He nodded to Rhaegar and returned his gaze to Darien. “I accept your vow, but I have no use for a corpse. I can fathom a hundred thousand ways you’d be far more useful to me alive than dead.”

Aerys placed his chin in his hand. “Surely not all of Lord Byran’s people displaced due to the threat of the Iron Born need seek food and shelter with the new sept. I will make sure at least one third of that labor is redirected to Storm’s Eye.

“Furthermore, I command all Night’s Watch convoys in the region to work half a year in Storm’s Eye before making their way to the Wall. Any recruit to the Wall caught deserting their duties be it to Storm’s Eye or the Night’s Watch will be sentenced to death by fire. For more than this I must consult my Small Council... but not here, and not now.” The King wasn’t certain if there were any recruitment parties for the Night’s Watch in the area at the moment, but he felt there had to be at least one either in the area or nearby.

Aerys shifted in his seat, and placed his hand on one of the iron armrests of his throne. “As for coins and loans... this is neither the time nor place. However, I invite you to participate in the annual tournament to be held here in the coming days. Or if you wish to squire for my son to earn your way to knighthood, and if Rhaegar indeed will accept you as such, then let it be made so.”

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu Mar 28, 2024 7:09 am